European football governing body,UEFA says it has no plan yet or in the next year to implement VAR in any of its competition despite the Santiago Bernabeu penalty incident.
UEFA took the stand following Juventus president, Andrea Agnelli’s accusation on referee bias on their game against Real Madrid and call for video reviews to be introduced in the game.
UEFA in a rebuttal statement on Thursday said it will continue the extensive trials of the Video Assistant Referees (VAR) but will not feature it yet in any competition.
Recall UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin in February said: “Fans see the VAR screen all the time but nobody knows how it works.
“We will not use it in the Champions League next season. For me, it might be a good project but we shouldn’t rush it.”
Meanwhile, International Football Association Board (IFAB) report in January said that the VAR system has been accurate in 98.9 per cent of decisions so far during its two-year worldwide trial.