Home Boxing Wilder Tempts Joshua With Mouth-Watering Offer

Wilder Tempts Joshua With Mouth-Watering Offer

Deontay Wilder has offered Anthony Joshua a 50-50 split with a guarantee of $50m for a unification bout and has asked the WBO, WBA and IBF titles holder to respond to the offer latest on Thursday midnight.

Follow this link to join our WhatsApp group

Joshua, trainer Rob McCracken and promoter Eddie Hearn confirmed that they received emails sent directly from the Bronze Bomber’s personal address, with his promoter Shelly Finkel subsequently confirming an offer had been made.

Wilder promoter, Finkel confirmed that the deal is a take it or leave it as the money and deal are already intact as they wait for Joshua’s camp to accept the offer they are presenting before them.

Wilder also made an offer on Instagram and Joshua immediately responded saying he would accept if it was £50m.

He said, “We want Joshua to fight Deontay in his next fight and we offered him $50m,”

“If he accepts it, it will be there. Al Haymon and I have not delivered what we’ve offered.

“We were offered $12.5m (£8.8m) to fight him but we have offered four times that. If [Joshua] says he is not going to take $50m, it means he doesn’t really want to fight him next.

“It was $50m against 50 percent. He said, ‘get me $50m against 50 percent and I’ll take it the next day, I swear’.”

If the deal is accepted by Joshua’s camp, it will give Wilder’s team control over the show and the venue and Finkel admitted that should Joshua agree, the fight will definitely not going to take place in America but somewhere else.

Eddie Hearn who is in New York for a Matchroom Boxing USA card in Brooklyn revealed that the date mentioned is “between September and December” this year.

The Matchroom promoter suggested that the offer was a “great PR stunt” but with the two promoters due to meet on Friday, he is now taking it seriously.

He said, “We got an email from Deontay Wilder’s personal email address offering us a 50-50 split with a guarantee of $50m,”

“He said that in an interview Anthony said, ‘give us £50m and we will sign tomorrow’. They have asked us to give them written acceptance of the deal by tomorrow.

“With all due respect to Deontay Wilder, I don’t believe he has $50m. However, if they actually send some formal paperwork and a contract along with further details on how this money will be secured, we will definitely have to take this seriously.

“We have a meeting on Friday, so let’s see how real this is”, he told Skysports

If both parties come to an agreement, all four major world titles will be on the line with the winner becoming the undefeated, undisputed heavyweight champion of the world.

It should also overrule any mandatory defences for WBC holder Wilder and IBF, WBA ‘Super’ and WBO owner Joshua.

Hearn has already been in discussions with the team behind WBA No 1 challenger Alexander Povetkin, although Finkel has dismissed rumours that his man has signed to face Dominic Breazeale, who lost to ‘AJ’ in 2016.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here