Home Boxing Pacquaio Calls Out Mayweather After Retaining WBC Welterweight Title

Pacquaio Calls Out Mayweather After Retaining WBC Welterweight Title

World Welterweight champion, Manny Pacquiao has called out Floyd Mayweather to return to the ring for a fight.

Pacquiao defeated Adrain Broner in a unanimous decision to retain his WBA world welterweight title on Sunday in Las Vegas.

The Filipino who lost to Mayweather in Las Vegas May 2, 2015 called on the American to return to the ring and prove his worth as he is ready to fight him again.

He said after winning his 70th fight as a 40-year-old “Tell him to come back to the ring and we will fight.

“I am willing to fight with Floyd Mayweather if he is willing to come back to box.”

Pacquiao, who is a senator in his homeland and fighting in the United States for the first time in two years was adjudged winner after the judges scored 117-111, 116-112, 116-112 in Pacquiao’s favour.

Former five-weight world champion Mayweather, who was in the crowd, gave no reaction when asked if the rematch could happen.

Mayweather, 41, beat Japanese kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa in an exhibition boxing bout in December but has previously said he is “still retired”.

The victory was Pacquaio’s 61 boxing career victory.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here